Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Change....








We are nearing the end of another semester here in Saba and things are changing. People are moving in and people are moving out. I am sad to see such good friends leaving, but I am looking forward to meeting new ones.

Those of you how know me best, know that I have no problem with change. The last 5 years of my life have been nothing but change. Ben and I got married, we bought a house, had a baby, sold a house, and moved to the Caribbean for Medical school. I have no problem with those kinds of changes. The one change that I am having a hard time with is the changing of Sidney. She is no longer a "baby". She is now a big girl that wants to dress and feed herself and she is very independent. She is so aware of the world around her and wants to experience everything.

Last night I was pulling things out to bring to yard sale that some of the SOS were joining. I decided to put Sidney's walker in the sale. As I was wiping it down, I began to tear up. Remembering the 8 month old little girl who played in it, I could not hold back my emotions.

While at the yard sale, Sidney watched my friend Becky put her little girl in the walker. Later she watched Becky wrap Gracen in a blanket and rock her to sleep.
The walker did not sell so we took it back home. When we returned home, the first thing Sidney did was grab a dish towel and wrap her baby doll in it. After a few minutes she put her baby in the walker... wonder where she got that idea???

She is growing so fast and it makes me sad in some ways but mostly amazed. Amazed to see this once "baby" girl, becoming a big girl who wants to pick out her shoes and clothes and play baby dolls.

Change is good and I like change, so I will enjoy every second of the change from "Baby" to big girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment