My Mom and Dad finally made a trip to Saba. We had an incredible time while they were on island. Ben, Sidney, and I finally felt like we were able to see Saba and all it's beauty. They arrived on Friday night and we picked them up from the Airport. I have never seen people and luggage pilled so tight in one car, but we made it home! The first hour or so was spent unpacking prizes. They brought something for everyone. Sidney loved the doll and Abby dishes that Grammie and Nana sent and she is enjoying her costume from her Papaw. Mom and Dad entertained Ben and Sidney's sweet tooth by bringing M&M's, Nerds and Runts! But Best of all was what they brought me!! A cooler full of fresh meat! Shrimp, pork roast, boudin were just a few of the wonderful things inside the bag! They also brought the beloved Community coffee and a percolator. Saturday morning I made breakfast and we had some of the delicious coffee. After breakfast we went for a hike and Mom and Dad got their first real taste of Saba.
Over the next few days we tried to show them every inch of the island! After a flat tire, one bum knee (Dad's) and a gas shortage on the island, I truly feel like they experienced Saba.
After 4 days on Saba, Sidney and I went and spent 3 days on St. Maartin with Mom and Dad. We had a great time shopping and swimming. We stayed at the Maho, I will definitely stay there again! The hotel had it's own beach and an awesome pool.
We are really looking forward to our next visitors here on Saba. So if anyone in interested, as Sidney would say "Com' on"!!
No comments:
Post a Comment