Sidney is growing so much and changing everyday. I am so thankful for these last 2 years that I have had with my baby. Being able to spend everyday with her and watch her grow has been priceless. I can't believe we only have 29 more days in the Caribbean. Looking back, it seems like it has passed by really fast. Though while in the middle of it, it seemed as though the end would never arrive and yet here we are! We will be heading home April 20th, that is, if Sidney and I do not get deported first! There is a 90 day visitor's allowance on the island. If you stay longer then 90 days then you have to file for temporary residency. Our 90 days will be up on April 7th, so we will see what happens. Worse case, we get to go home a few days earlier (Which is not a bad thing at all!!).
Sidney and I try to stay busy and thanks to our friend, Mrs. Ruth Garner, we have had plenty to do lately! Mrs. Ruth is a professor's wife that we first met on Saba. She and her husband are now here on Statia! We have been down to the beach several times to pick up shells, sea glass, and swim. We have also gone to there house for lunch a couple of days. Sidney's just loves her so much, and she treat Sid like another one of her grand children. We really enjoy Mrs. Ruth's company and we are so thankful she is here!
The last month or two Sidney has started talking in complete short sentences. She amazes me everyday with the things she says and comes up with. She is also very good at using her manners. Though she does think that because she says "pweese", that she should be able to have what ever it is she is asking for. The last two weeks she has started saying "your welcome" any time someone tells her "thank you". The other night during dinner, I was saying blessing over our food. I started by saying " Dear Lord, than you for this food"... before I could say anything else, I hear "You're welcome". Ben and I both could not help but laugh. It was so funny!!
Sidney had been learning her shapes and colors the last few days. She seen an episode of Sesame Street about shapes and has been point out circles, squares, and triangles EVERYWHERE! Ben made her a slide show of different shapes and colors. She loves to sit in his lap and name them all for him. She now recognizes about 10 shapes and 10 colors. I am amazed by how fast her little mind remembers and learns. I decided yesterday to make some shapes out of sugar cookies and let Sidney decorate them with different colors. I figured this would be fun way to look at different shaped. This afternoon I make colored icing and let her decorate them. Ben even joined in on the fun. She had a blast! I am still not sure what had more icing all over, Sidney or the cookies!
If you could not tell by the pictures.... these cookies were "Elbow licking good"!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment