The weather on Statia has been absolutely beautiful since we arrived. It seems strange that we have only been here for 3 weeks! But I am finally starting to find my way around the island. There are so many roads, unlike on Saba when there was only one main one "The Road".
Sidney has been staying plenty busy around the house. There are plenty of animals roaming the streets and are alway willing to offer free entertainment. Just yesterday morning, I heard a yelling sound outside the apartment that sounds like a little kid. Well it was a "kid" but it was not human. There was a baby goat that had some how gotten into the fenced yard of our apartment complex. The Mommy goat was just on the other side of the fence trying to help free her baby.
After seeing the the baby that was only a few weeks old, I decided we needed to help. I walked back inside and told Sidney to come help get the baby goat back to his Mommy. I knew she would not be much help, but I also knew that she would love seeing the tiny goat running around. She must of thought she was in an episode of Wonder Pets, because she started singing the theme song "What's going to work.... TEAM WORK!!". Between chasing the goat around the yard and Sidney yelling "Team Work", I was laughing so hard that I could hardy help the goat....
I was finally able to convince the goat to walk out the gate once his Mommy came and stood in the opening. As soon as the goat ran out of our yard, Sidney started crying..."Come back baby goat, come back". I guess she though the goat was going to be her new friend. I wish I would of taken a few pictures but I was too busy laughing and chasing the goat! Here are a few pictures of Sidney from the last couple of days.
In between working on school work and playing with Sidney, I have found a little time to but my Christmas present to work. I have started my newest quilt. It's a baby boy quilt and I love it! I don't have anyone particular to make this one for. It is just such cute fabric that I think I might just have to hang on to it. Maybe on day I will be able to use it!
Today Sidney and I joined to other wives and went to the beach. One of the ladies has a daughter that is only a month older then Sidney. Sid was so excited to have someone to play with. The girls had a great time together and I enjoy some girl talk with adults! I am looking forward to hanging out at the beach more not that we know how to get there! Here are a few pictures of the girls playing together. Sidney was not sure about the sand at first but it did not take her friend Pearl long to show how to get covered from head to toe!
I think I just put this together. Is that Jon Jensen's daughter? He's from my home town too - I was friends with his younger sister Kelsey! Funny how this world gets smaller (IF that's who I think it is in that picture!! :-D)
ReplyDelete